Monday, September 21, 2009

Cranky times at the homestead

I have been a bit cranky of late. That tends to happen when I am home for extended periods of time. I blame college. Yes college has made me selfish. 4 years of not having to explain myself to my parents, doing what I want when I want, where the only responsibilities I had were the ones I took on, has made me irritable when it comes to doing things that my parents ask. I forgot how much they ask questions about the most asinine things. They love details, I would rather not give them.

I also thought that me coming home would mean that I could do what I want. My parents are forever telling me that I'm an adult but I don't really feel like one. I am very grateful that my parents are more then willing to house me while I am figuring out what I want to no next but I think I'm going to need to move soon, or at least get a job that takes me away from home more. I deal with everything going on here when I leave the house. I'm getting antsy about cooking my own meals and seeing people who aren't my parents and visiting my friends from school. I miss being around people my own age. Which is why I am very excited about my potential trip to NYC in October. But there are red flags there too, because my Mom is also traveling and we can't really leave my dad alone. He has MS and it's hard for him to get around by himself although my mother would never admit it out loud. I figured it out by myself, but what's going to happen when I move away? I wont be in Atlanta forever. I don't mind helping, sometimes, but I don't feel like I'm living my life.

On a less cranky note, mom mother has been rather helpful if not pushy in some ways relating to my chosen career path and helped me to get free head shots. Here are a couple for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment