Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Foray into Book Making

I have always been interested in paper crafts. I have kept old magazines, books, wallpaper samples, in the hopes that I could make something out of them. And I finally am! I enrolled in a book making class and I am loving it! I have listed my first journal with coptic stiches and I couldn't be more proud. My favorite part of the book are the inside covers. I used pages from a 1947 copy of Nancy Drew and the Clue in the Jewel that I've had for a few months and was falling apart. I love that I could use it to make something new instead of throwing it out. I also used the orginal covers from the book to make a journal for myself. But that's just for me! Ha ha. I have no plans of selling that one :) Check out the picture below. I can't wait to share the box I made using old wall paper and the tape bound book I'm making now. :) Until then check out the photos of my first journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment